1/43rd scale Mercury Hearse in ‘toon style
Working with Resin Kits
- CLEANING – Before using, parts must be washed off with soap (Westley’s Blech-Wite white wall cleaner), and alcohol to remove mold release.
- WARPING – If part is warped or bent, use hot (NOT BOILING) water to help pull it back into shape. Then use cold water for it to “take set” as you would with a plastic kit.
- BODY WORK – After cleaning, the parts may be sanded, filled or drilled. Small imperfections or air bubbles can be filled with Super Glue or 5 minute epoxy.
- PAINTING – Primer coats of automotive primer are recommended on all parts before painting. Hobby paints, enamel and automotive lacquers work fine for finishing coats.
- STRIPPING PAINT – Some paint strippers may damage the resin parts, test a small area first. You may use lacquer thinner, Easy-Off oven cleaner and some brake fluids.
- GLUING – use Super Glue or 5 minutes epoxy.
Always use respirator dust mask when sanding resin parts.
TEST FIT ALL PARTS BEFORE PAINTING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY!
All kits and conversions on this website come UNPAINTED & ARE NOT ASSEMBLED